Parenting Skills Course is a free 7 week course in a caring, non-judgmental environment. The aim of the course is to teach parents to learn to deal with the pressures and responsibilities of being a parent and learn new skills to deal with their concerns.
The aim is to build strength and resilience and provide opportunities and support to:
- Increase knowledge and skills in managing conflict and stress within the home.
- Develop strong healthy relationships within the family unit.
- Explore alternatives to violence.
- Improve communication skills.
- Participate in group activities and support groups.
Topics covered include:
- Effective Communication
- Behavior management
- Child Development and how children learn through play
- Family of Origin
- Self Care
- Making ends meet- How to manage your money.
When and Where
Caboolture Neighbourhood Centre, 9 George Street, Caboolture.
- 2nd February – 16th March
- 13th July – 24th August
- 12th October – 23rd November
10.00am to 12.00pm
Booking Essential – Phone: 5495 2571
Limited childcare available.