Family and Relationship Support Service is targeted to reduce harm or risk of harm to children and young people, prevent crises or problems within families from arising or escalating and stabilise of maintain family wellbeing.
With the object of:
- Improving the wellbeing and safety of children, young people and their families.
- Building the capacity of families to care for and protect their children.
- Provide linkages to local universal support services / community groups to enable families to access the resources to build their capacity to solve problems and make positive choices and changes.
- Preventing entry or re-entry to the statutory child protection system.
- Emerging from the Storm (anger management for adults.)
- Bursting Angry Bubbles (anger management for children.)
- Dads On A Journey ( the aim of this program is to challenge fathers to assume personal responsibility for their behaviour and develop beliefs and skills that provide a safe and respectful alternative to domestic violence.)
- Parenting Course ( the aim of the course is to teach parents to learn to deal with the pressures and responsibilities of being a parent and learn new skills to deal with their concerns.)
- BOWS Women’s Self Esteem Course (building on women’s strengths.)